|Chartered or near Chartered Structural/ Civil Engineer.
BDI Structural Solutions are an award winning, North West based, Structural Engineering consultancy specialising in building structures. Due to increased work and company expansion, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Chartered or near Chartered Structural/Civil Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a positive ‘’can do’’ attitude and minimum of 4 years’ experience in structural engineering and an interest in structural defect diagnosis.
- General Structural/Civil Engineering design and project management of a team of engineers and technicians on projects ranging from small alterations to projects around £5million in build value.
- Inspection and reporting on defects on all types of buildings and structures.
- Providing technical support for Buildings Insurance claims, including subsidence, fire and storm damage and preparation of specifications for remedial works.
- Reporting to the Managing Director.
- Developing new ideas to help shape the future of the business.
Education & Experience:
- Chartered or Near Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of traditional and non-traditional construction
- Good general structural/civil design experience
- Experience (or an interest in developing experience) in the inspection and reporting on structural defects.
- Proficient using range of IT systems/ software applications.
Key attributes/ skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about delivering great buildings and great engineering.
- Ability to deliver projects and work on time and on budget.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Passionate about using latest engineering software technology.
- UK driving licence.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Experience using: CADS, TEKLA, AUTO CAD, REVIT / BIM
- Company bonus scheme.
- Private health care.
- Child care voucher scheme.
- Fantastic team environment.
Hours/ Location: Consideration will be given to flexible working including full time 37.5 hours and part-time 30 hours. Office located in Sale, Cheshire; close to tram service which runs frequently to Altrincham, Bury & Piccadilly
To apply please send your CV and preferred working hours.