Graduate Structural Engineer – BDI Structural Solutions
BDI are an award winning structural engineering consultancy based in Sale, Greater Manchester. Due to increased work load and company expansion we are looking for a motivated Graduate Structural Engineer to join our friendly team. The ideal candidate will be a recent Civil and Structural Engineering graduate with a minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience. An interest in working with existing buildings is essential, with the aspiration to quickly develop into a Project Engineer Role.
Main duties include:
- Reporting to the Managing Director and Senior Engineer.
- General Structural Design predominantly in steel, concrete, timber and masonry.
- Design team meetings, site inspection and developing role in project delivery.
- An element of CAD draughting will form part of the role but would not exceed 20% of your time.
- MSc or MEng (Hons) in Civil and Structural Engineering
- At least 1 years’ experience in the field (2 years desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of traditional and non-traditional construction
- Proficient in IT systems
- Good general structural design experience.
Key attributes/ skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle own workload
- Confident ‘can do’ attitude
- Passionate about new technologies and progressive change
- Car owner and UK driving licence.
- All aspects of Microsoft Office
- Industry standard structural design software.
- AutoCAD and Revit
- Company bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Child care voucher scheme
- Fantastic team environment.
- Full support in working towards and achieving qualified status at IEng/Ceng with IStructE ICE
Hours/ Location: Full-time, 37.5 hours. Office located in Sale, Cheshire; close to tram service which runs frequently to Altrincham, Bury & Piccadilly
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.